For my fussy-cut EPP Hexie Dreams quilt, I’ve so far stitched together fifty seven flowers.
Common cases of the Crafties!
I’ve begun sewing the hexies together for my fussy-cut EPP Hexie Dreams quilt.
All the hexies are prepped now for my Hexie Dreams fussy-cut English Paper Piecing quilt.
Thirty more hexies have been prepped for my Hexie Dreams fussy-cut English paper piecing quilt. I’m either ready to start piecing them together, or just a few more to go – time will tell what I decide!
I’ve added 141 more hexies to my Hexie Dreams fussy-cut English paper piecing quilt, putting me well over the original goal.
My fussy-cut Hexie Dreams quilt is coming along, now with about 670 hexies ready to go!
Fifty-seven more hexies to add to my Hexie Dreams fussy-cut paper peicing quilt, adding up to just over 600!
Fifty-four more hexies to add to my Hexie Dreams fussy-cut paper peicing quilt!
My Hexie Dreams fussy-cut paper-piecing quilt now has 500 hexies to choose from!
My Hexie Dreams fussy-cut paper-piecing quilt now has another 40 added hexies!
I’ve made now over 430 hexies for my Hexie Dreams fussy-cut paper-piecing quilt.
I’ve added almost 100 more hexies to my Hexie Dreams fussy-cut paper piecing project!
My Hexie Dream project is coming along; this makes 300 hexies to choose from so far!
I have EPPd 100 more hexies for my Hexie Dream project!
I have embarked on turning my hexie dreams into a quilted reality and have begun making English paper pieced (EPP) hexies.
The lessons for this segment of the intermediate crazy quilt course (ICQC) involve working monograms in a few different styles. The first task is using embroidery. I wanted to challenge myself, of course, so I didn't just use basic stitches. There is nothing fancy...
The title of this post claims you'll see wisteria, but in truth, I converted this task to a grapevine because I've never seen wisteria in person (though it is all over my dream house grounds!) but my gramma and grampa had a small vineyard. The premise is still the...
I am part of the Embroiderer's Guild of America (EGA) through a local chapter, and I recently came across a little hedgehog-on-a-log piece that Terry Vanderslice designed as an introduction to raised embroidery (also known as stumpwork). I knew I wanted to try it for...
My next intermediate crazy quilt class task was to take a basic embroidery motif and then add elements to place the image into a story of sorts. I chose to use a historic cross-stitch rabbit motif graphed by Kim at String-or-Nothing, by using waste canvas. I had this...
I was fortunate enough to have the day to myself so I set to Kathy's next task which was to add a basic embroidered outline image. I chose ferns, from an image I found on shutterstock, by Anastasia Lembrik. For the stems, the large fern used 4 strands of floss,...