After making a few practice goes that have all since been spoken for, I made yet another very nice mouse ornament! Each time I make one I think of something new to try out for the next one, so the process is quite fun. This time, I used beads for eyes, really built up the satin stitched nose, stuffed it with rice in its bottom for weight so it sits correctly, doubled the ear felt, changed the whiskers yet again, and tossed on a little winter cap. Oh, and I realized that previously, I happened to have been mistakenly printing the pattern at 93% size so this one was done at 100%. I might play around with size again for a larger one, we shall see.
Hexie Dreams 18
My fussy-cut EPP Hexie Dreams quilt is coming along. All the flowers were stitched into rows and the rows are being stitched together now for the final push. I also share some of my dear sewing supplies!