Keeley is DONE

Soooo long in the making, but I was stoked to finally ship her off to her creator. I’ve posted about her here, here, and here, but here’s the final piece!

felt_keeley_framed

Also, I had a dilemma to solve – how to add her “pow” markings by her fist? I knew my embroidery skills were not up to the task. Then I had an epiphany – I could draw them on the plexiglass that frames her! I tried my favorite over-the-counter pen (Pilot’s Precision V5) and a trusty sharpie, neither having the results I envisioned. Then I dug around my craft room and found black puffy paint. Bingo!

felt_keeley_pow

Keith blogged about her here, and you can see in the first shot that I had trouble getting her in the frame without bunching up the background. But under the right lights, that isn’t noticeable. If I were to do it all over again, I would have a lot more structural planning. For this project, I just jumped right in. I had no plan on the outcome – I was relieved that it fit in a standard record frame, but that was utterly by accident. Without planning for how it would end up, I made due with what I had. And I would totally do this project again – Keeley is one of my favorite things I have ever done!

2 thoughts

  1. It’s wonderful–I love the 3D effect you get from the paint on the glass. Not sure if you know about it, but craft stores sell cardboard backing with adhesive for the mounting of embroidered projects in frames. This kind of thing might help you with the bunching in future… just a thought. In any case, I love it!

    • Gah! I had no idea! That would have helped tremendously. If he didn’t live so far away, I’d take it back and fix it. Thank you so much for the tip!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *