WIP-TAST-ic Wednesday 48

As suspected in my last post, I completed the needlepoint portion of one of my WIPs. More to come when I figure out how I am going to mount it to the wood block!

Although I didn’t get a chance to work on TAST, here is where my current pennant stands – it is another “roundup” piece to try to catch up. I feel optimistic about the headway I’ve been making but with the holiday time of year, I might not get to complete it until 2019. But it will be done, I say!

And I did mention last time also about needing to make an ornament for my guild. I pulled out some items to make the first attempt. If I like it, I will make another in colors more appropriate for Christmas time.

WIP-TAST-ic Wednesday 47

Today I am traveling for the holiday so I preemptively wrote this for ya’ll. I don’t have all the photos taken because while I have made progress on both TAST and other WIPs, I just didn’t get around to photographing everything.

First, I am making slow progress in my beginner crazy quilt course with Kathy at Shawkl – she posts the info here if you want to sign up for the next opening. I’ve gotten the block sewn together and now I am making decisions on what type of trims and lacey bits I might want to add. These aren’t set whatsoever, just me playing around.

My needlepoint is nearly complete, and then I will work on mounting it to the wood plaque. No photo though. I will likely finish it during my trip. I have another TAST pennant nearly completed, too. And, I organized a lot of patterns I inherited/stashed over the years and pulled out some things I want to do sooner rather than later. Plus, my guild is having another ornament swap and I intend on being a part of it this year! (Last year, my belated mouse was instead gifted to a guild friend who’s been very encouraging.)

And last, I’ll leave you with this image. It is called a Lifted Star, and either my mom or late gramma made it; I should have asked before posting. I intend on finishing it off with some binding at some point in the future, so technically, I guess this is a WIP even though I didn’t contribute to any part of it as of yet! Ha!

WIP-TAST-ic Wednesday 46

I am making a third TAST roundup for this week. You can see my progress and doodle ideas here:

I also made progress in my first needlepoint project. I don’t love needlepoint (and I don’t even know if I am “doing it right”) but I came up with an idea to attach this to a wood plaque so I feel like I will love it when all is said and done anyway. I really like the colors and the design – it’s just that in needlepoint itself, curves aren’t an option. I’ve decided to “cheat” a little and use backstitches. I read that’s allowed – I am just not sure if there is a “right” way or not!

My tension isn’t perfect, so I am hoping that a recent addition to my stash will save the day: I now have boy’s grandmother’s adjustable stretcher bars for needlepoint!