Today I am traveling for the holiday so I preemptively wrote this for ya’ll. I don’t have all the photos taken because while I have made progress on both TAST and other WIPs, I just didn’t get around to photographing everything.
First, I am making slow progress in my beginner crazy quilt course with Kathy at Shawkl – she posts the info here if you want to sign up for the next opening. I’ve gotten the block sewn together and now I am making decisions on what type of trims and lacey bits I might want to add. These aren’t set whatsoever, just me playing around.
My needlepoint is nearly complete, and then I will work on mounting it to the wood plaque. No photo though. I will likely finish it during my trip. I have another TAST pennant nearly completed, too. And, I organized a lot of patterns I inherited/stashed over the years and pulled out some things I want to do sooner rather than later. Plus, my guild is having another ornament swap and I intend on being a part of it this year! (Last year, my belated mouse was instead gifted to a guild friend who’s been very encouraging.)
And last, I’ll leave you with this image. It is called a Lifted Star, and either my mom or late gramma made it; I should have asked before posting. I intend on finishing it off with some binding at some point in the future, so technically, I guess this is a WIP even though I didn’t contribute to any part of it as of yet! Ha!
I am making a third TAST roundup for this week. You can see my progress and doodle ideas here:
I also made progress in my first needlepoint project. I don’t love needlepoint (and I don’t even know if I am “doing it right”) but I came up with an idea to attach this to a wood plaque so I feel like I will love it when all is said and done anyway. I really like the colors and the design – it’s just that in needlepoint itself, curves aren’t an option. I’ve decided to “cheat” a little and use backstitches. I read that’s allowed – I am just not sure if there is a “right” way or not!
My tension isn’t perfect, so I am hoping that a recent addition to my stash will save the day: I now have boy’s grandmother’s adjustable stretcher bars for needlepoint!
You’ve read about my idea for this here, right? Ok! See all completed TAST posts here.
Hola out there! Here are my efforts for a few TAST stitches. Front and back:
On today’s pennant, I caught up with Stitch #21 the Cable Chain:
The first two rows are basic cable chain. Then a row of threaded, and a row of slipped. Then two half rows of knotted, and the other half rows of spiked knotted cable chains. I really like the knotted cable chain, but dang did I have to restart so many times! I finally got it under control though. And I am not sure if the spiked knotted cable chain is exactly correct, but I do like the effect. The last row there is three variations of the buttonholed cable chain (three segments of a single side, two segments of both sides, and one three segments of alternating buttonhole cable stitch).
Then I added a row for Stitch #22, the Interlaced Cable Chain:
And to finish off the point of the pennant, Stitch #25, the Butterfly Chain stitch. On the left, the middle of the red butterfly is slightly taller than the outside. On the right, the outsides are longer than the center. And in the middle one at the bottom of the “necklace” so to speak, the center is quite longer on both ends than the outside stitches.
Looks like I forgot to spray with water for the markings to go away, but fear not, this will all be sorted when I sew the pennants into bunting!