Here are some sneak peeks of current projects. All of these will be bags and the fabric was (mostly) chosen by the future bag owners. The patterns are cut out, but I need to start sewing the pieces together. I had a bit of a crafting lull for a while when the last bag i made just didnt turn out right. But the good news is that (i think) I know what i did wrong so hopefully it wont happen again.


I also have made more book covers and am working on the March toy for my neice (yep, im running late). I havent taken photos of those because a) the lighting is really horrendous but the weather  seems to be finally breaking so maybe that will no longer be an issue and b) i was waiting for my new craft table, which i finally got put together last night! I got it from Macys for half off, but they are already discontinuing it so good luck trying to find one.


It is awesome because its very deep, but not long enough to be too large for the room, and my favorite part – it is counter height! I could have been crafting all morning with it, but since the weather is actually nice i was cleaning out the garage and i took the girls for a stroll while i dreamed all the changes i wanted to make on the outside of the house. I might not start crafting yet still, because now the whole set up of my craft room has been upset and it needs to be reorganized. Good times!

my new go-bag

The bag I made for my New York trip was fun, but because I was new at sewing, there were a few issues with it that started to bother me, so I opted for a new one. I call it a go-bag because i can just grab it and go and have entertainment handy, as well as some items boy has thrown in there (miniature tool set and the like). I incorporated all kinds of pockets too because i just hate having to dig around to find something.


Recognize the ladybug print? Its Heidi Grace – one of my favorite scrapping designers. Those little windows were fun. With the additional knowledge of interfacing, i have so many new ideas! And i used fray-check to keep the corduroy from fraying.

Pockets on one side are sized for my wallet, phone, itouch, and little things like my addiction to Avon’s Care Deeply chapstick. The other side is reserved for my dsi and checkbook. There is also a pocket that fits off to the side of the bag, for my lotion bottle (another addiction, Jergens Ultra Healing lotion).


Did i ever mention my wallet? I love him. I picked it up at the Bristol Renaissance Fair, from Grichels, a Wrinkle in Reality. She makes all kinds of leather goods, with awesome faces, reminiscent of the Necronomicon from the Evil Dead series.


But i digress. My new go-bag is awesome because it holds my book but there is still room for additional things when Im on the go, which my old one didnt allow. For instance, if I ever wanted to take my camera, now i can.


So, originally the pattern came from ArtsyCraftyBabe. I tweaked it so much that perhaps I shouldnt really advertise it as her creation, but this bag wouldnt have existed without her Phoebe bag pattern. The changes I made were the shape (mine is more squarish, and a different size – the same goes for the latch part) and mine has lots of pockets. If i did it again, i would widen the strap and attach the pockets just a tad differently. But overall, this will be my new go-bag for quite some time i think:)

crafty catch-up

One of the projects I made since losing my usb cable is Ruar, the Starfish. I used some gifted fabric and felt, did a little embroidery with french knots and fern stitching, and sewed and stuffed. My neice loved it, as it was small and fit in her hands and mouth:) I got the pattern from futuregirl, from her super cute sea creatures set. Since i committed myself to one toy a month for the year, you can expect to see other creatures from her set here in the future.



Another project I made was a very belated project – a purse for my sis-in-law kt. I was a little nervous at how small it came out but shes into small purses so it was a perfect choice for her afterall. Phew. I also learned how to do one of the fancy stitches on my sewing machine. I still need way more practice with that, but I was really excited about it! I got this pattern from Made By Rae. Its her internetly famous buttercup bag pattern.


I also made a a little monster for my friends daughter as a birthday present. I had fun personalizing it for her from RevoluzZza’s How to sew a RevoluzZzionary monster tutorial.


This is the first bookcover made with my new process. Im very proud of it because it has a much more quality feel to it but its just so easy. I took some pics for a tutorial, but the light was poor (much like most of my photos) so I am going to sit down tomorrow and make a better effort. Hopefully, fingers crossed, ill have the tute up soon.

bookcover_mom1 bookcover_mom2

There is still one more project to talk about, but Ill save that for tomorrow. Good night and dont forget to change your clocks!