Site: photos corrected

Whew, it has been a long weekend, but I finally corrected all the old photos on this site! I was originally hosted them through but then Apple changed it to iCloud and I was not interested in continuing my service there. I then began storing them through wordpress but never took the time to re-upload the old ones so once the transition finally took place with Apple, every single image was broken. It was frustrating, because I still get plenty of traffic through internet searches, but without the time to fix it, what can you do?

I am sure I did not find the same original photo in every case, and there are about 5 posts with a missing image that I still hope to re-locate, but otherwise, I can celebrate that that tedious task is done!

It was nice seeing where I’ve come from, both artistically (these make me cringe) and as a writer. I also got to re-read some of my favorite things like this alpaca, this bird, and this fabric family tree.


chez moi: oyster cracker snacks

I’ve been going through some of my recipes so that I can get them all on cards and stored in my recipe box (in fact, I have been using my xyron machine to laminate them, and what a brilliant idea!). I found this one, which I believe came from one of the girls at the bank where I worked. Unfortunately, this recipe did not turn out for me. It was much too heavy for our tastes – which is weird because I only brought home recipes from things I liked, so I am not sure what went wrong there…

chez_moi_oyster_crackers2 chez_moi_oyster_crackers1

Keeley: Comic in Felt

Soooo long in the making, but I was stoked to finally ship Keeley, a comic in felt, off to her creator. I’ve posted about her here, here, and here, but here’s the final piece!

comic in felt

Also, I had a dilemma to solve – how to add her “pow” markings by her fist? I knew my embroidery skills were not up to the task. Then I had an epiphany – I could draw them on the plexiglass that frames her! I tried my favorite over-the-counter pen (Pilot’s Precision V5) and a trusty sharpie, neither having the results I envisioned. Then I dug around my craft room and found black puffy paint. Bingo!

comic in felt

Keith blogged about her here, and you can see in the first shot that I had trouble getting her in the frame without bunching up the background. But under the right lights, that isn’t noticeable. If I were to do it all over again, I would have a lot more structural planning. For this project, I just jumped right in. I had no plan on the outcome – I was relieved that it fit in a standard record frame, but that was utterly by accident. Without planning for how it would end up, I made due with what I had. And I would totally do this project again – Keeley is one of my favorite things I have ever done! I wish I had the skills Keith has; so many things could be rendered as a comic in felt!