hellraiser box

Ive been organizing my craft room so that it is almost usable, and i have come across a few different projects. This one, i started years ago (2001 maybe?). Boy had a plastic replica of the Hellraiser box (broken apart), and i thought it would be cool to turn it into a black and white print. Unfortunately, at the time I was crafting in a basement, and the upstairs bathroom ended up having a leak all over my work (the two on the left). I started the project over again (the one on the right), but it was so tedious that the thought of re-doing what i had done already really just turned me off. It is a project never to be finished, unfortunately.


craft room

One of the projects that has taken my time for the last few months is my craft room. First, it needed paint. Then we had to get some storage furniture in there (it is from the EXPEDIT collection at Ikea). Then it became the catch all room, to stuff things from our move. So it has always been a place of disaster, and things went in, and then came out for other things to go in. But now, it is strictly craft things (well….currently boy shares the closet for all his man gear arsenal type things but im pretty sure he will be giving that up to me so that it can become my sewing center!:)

Remember this post, about what it originally looked like and the colors i chose? I had inspiration from a Kleenex box – yes, for true! This one:


That became the long wall without doors or windows. I might also string wrapping yarn across it and hang inspirational things with miniature clothespins. I havent decided yet.


There is still much organizing and cleaning out to do (purging is fun once you get the hang of it!), and little projects such as curtains on the closet and window, a table top for my desk, new flooring, etc etc. But it is coming along (and i was re-energized to deal with it after being gifted some storage options from the bro-in-law). Its messy, but that is my life right now :(


It is kind of divided into two areas. The first is my reading nook (which currently has all kinds of trinkets yet to be purged or put on shelves yet to be placed). The other is the craft workshop. (oh my god, can i say that? that i have a workshop?!). The reading nook will be awesome, once its all organized. And it gives people a place to be if they hang out with me while I craft.


The workshop area has an L-shape desk (aka two bookshelves turned horizontally) that is at bar height. I love that. Im still shopping around for a counter top. I also installed a pegboard over the weeked to help organize my tools. There are even shelves along the side now for my printers, so that they can stay off my crafting desk. I cant wait until its all done and i can start really crafting again! (Nor can i wait for boy to give up his side of the closet and have a sewing nook!)


As you can probably tell, theres a lot to be done yet. I need to get some more bins or baskets, and organize so that all scrapping stuff is here, and all sewing stuff is there, and all other miscellaneous stuff is over yonder. But its coming around and i love it. :D

our new house

So a quick post. I know i owe you lots about france, but to be honest I am holding off on posting about it until i have these announcement/thank you cards made and sent out. I hadnt thought they would take this long. In fact, they were spose to be ready by Thanksgiving….but i forgive myself.

Anywho, so this is where we live now. Its in the country side of town, yet still just about the same distance from our jobs. Im closer now to the large Joanns store *and* an awesome scrapping store. Its far off the road as you can see here.


The in-laws are on the right. See, we really are next door neighbors;) The lot is really skinny, and the backyard is about 1/3 of the length of the front yard. Behind us is a skinny horse pasture and then more woods. Its very nice.

In the long-term plan, I intend on painting the house. Boy and I are leaning towards a mossy green. But thats like year 3 i think so who knows what will come up before then. This angle makes it look cute though;) (And the window on the left is my craft room! the other is the dining room.) You can just barely make out the garage on the right. Behind that are 4 little sheds too.