france: thursday 091009

We landed at the Charles de Gaul airport and it was absolutely huge. We walked so far to get to our next flight, but the staff were all friendly. We were able to get our tickets changed without a problem so that we could continue the rest of the flight together.

We got the cutest little rental car. They even gave us a free upgrade to a convertible! A Citroen C3 Pluriel, special edition Charleston. Check him out, we called him Charles;)


We didnt get euros here before we left so we looked for a place to get them in Montpellier when we landed. Had we known the toll roads would take credit cards, we wouldnt have needed to bother yet. Alas, we learned very quickly that there are not really any roadsigns and were lost for almost 3 hours. This part of the story gets a little frustrating for me because when we arrived at the Abbaye de Fontfroide for our room, it was already closed. To make a really long and stressful story short, I found Laura (presumably a caretaker), who was able to let us into the room. It was on the second floor, and we had a serene view from all the windows, plus a pretty stone staircase to walk up. And, it was huge! Plus, the curtain idea was awesome, and Im totally doing it in my craft room.

France_day_two3 France_day_two4 France_day_two2 France_day_two7

She suggested we drive a short way to La Table du Chateau, in Bizanet. Boy was in love with the jellied tomato aperitif. He had cod and I got chicken with seasonal mushrooms. Their flavor exploded in my mouth! Very interesting, as I am only accustomed to 3 or 4 species here.

France_day_two5 France_day_two6

To make another long story short, our power converter blew up while I was trying to steam wrinkles out of my dress. Boy found an iron in the closet, but I was so tired that I felt like I would accidentally touch the fabric, so it ended up being a little on the wrinkly side.  Getting to sleep in a bed once again was awesome.


I am sorry for the delay in posts. I had some issues with copying the memory cards to my computer, and with there being sooooo many photos, it kind of turned me off on dealing with it for a while. So instead, ive been working on my house and once i am sure i can delete one of my memory cards, i will take photos to show you what ive been doing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *